Practicing yoga is a great way to strengthen your body, gain flexibility and center your mind. I understand sometimes it's hard to stretch after a long day, but joining a yoga class might just do the trick. You can't deny the powers of yoga and the zen you feel after an hour class. After a year plus hiatus, I recently started practicing yoga again and I feel great. We buy specific mats, straps, and blocks for yoga so why not yoga inspired apparel? When buying yoga apparel, keep in mind the style of yoga you plan to practice. Unsure brush up on your Yoga 101.
Three things to keep in mind when choosing yoga apparel:
- You'll want quick dry or moisture wicking items, especially for hot or bikram yoga
- Nothing TOO baggy, look for snug to loose fits
- Fabrics that stretch allowing you to easily move from pose to pose.
Are you ready for a little yoga? Check out my tops 3 yoga apparel
picks and join a yoga class or attend a yoga event such as the Wanderlust Festival
this summer. Energize your body while calming your mind.
3. PrAna Retreat Hoodie
In Sanskrit PrAna
means life energy, life force, or life current. The clothes might not give you energy, but you'll feel energized wearing them. When practicing yoga it’s a good idea to have layers. During mediation or cooling down a light hoodie or long sleeve tee comes in handy. Plus you might want something to and from the car. The faded yet bright looking retreat hoodie is a combination of luxuriously
soft organic cotton and spandex making it comfortable and stylish. Available in two colors you really can’t go wrong with either one. Don’t limit the retreat hoodie to just yoga sessions. This hoodie would make for a great travel companion, somewhere tropical perhaps? Pair it with a white tank, white linen pants, and a strappy sandal for a casual beach look.
2. Patagonia Women's Gravitee Tank
- dyed cotton jersey
- Novelty wash treatment
- Center front zipper
- Shirring at front neckline
- 92 Organic Cotton / 8 Spandex
I’m not a fan of tops falling towards my face while in downward dog, but when I wear the gravitee tank no need to worry as the banded hem is nice and snug around my hips! The tank is a bit more loose compared to most yoga tanks, so I wouldn't recommend it for hot or bikram yoga. Equipped with a built-in shelf bra, go with or without a sports bra depending on your preferred support. The multi functional and stylish gravitee tank
is perfect not only for yoga or climbing massive rocks but paired with shorts it's ready for any adventure vacation. Available in four colors my pick for 2011 is amaranth.
1. Lululemon Gather & Crow Crop
- Organic cotton/Tencel fabric with a touch of spandex for stretch and performance
- Racerback tank with a feminine twist at center front
- Full shelf bra for active support
- Wide waistband sits snugly on hips
- 6.1-oz 54% organic cotton/41% Tencel®/5% spandex jersey. Recyclable through the Common Threads Recycling Program
A bit on the pricey side but designed solely with yoga in mind, you can't go wrong with anything from Lululemon
. Tight without being too revealing the Gather & Crow Crop is my new favorite go to cropped pant. No need to worry about your pants riding down anymore because this cropped pant is made with just the right amount of snugness without digging into the waistline. The silts on the back of the legs make the crop flare out a tad for an added touch of style and breathability. Don’t feel like bringing a bag today there's a stash pocket in the waistband to hold your keys or loot. Although the crop is only available in one color (black) it’s not a big deal. Timeless, slimming, and stylish. Did you really want hot pink yoga pants?
- The ultimate medium rise, slim fit crop - ideal for yoga, gym, bootcamp, or Pilates
- Luon®, our signature fabric: breathable with coverage, cotton-feel, 4-way stretch providing support and allowing freedom of movement
- Smooth, flat waistband
- Gusset designed for greater range of movement & comfort
- Waistband inner stash pocket to secure $ & keys
- Flat seamed for chafe resistance & comfort