Looking for a gift for the lady on your list who likes to look stylish but only if it doesn’t mean sacrificing functionality and comfort? The Keen Shelby High Boots might be right up her alley. A fully waterproof leather boot without a heel, the Shelby looks super style-y with a corduroy skirt and some tights, yet doesn’t require changing into snow boots each time you need to walk outside.
Keen Shelby High Boots: The Details
- Keen.Dry waterproof breathable membrane
- Leather interior lining
- Waterproof side zipper
- Rubber non-marking sole with traction lugs
- Available in Brown full grain leather, Black full grain leather or a Light brown/dark brown combo
- MSRP: $170
Keen Shelby High Boots: The Review
I have always loved Keen’s outdoor oriented shoes, and thought I’d give their “Boulevard Line,” shoes best suited for more casual use, a try. Keen seems to do as well with casual shoes as they do their hiking boots- I love my Shelbys! Living in a rain forest, the idea of owning leather boots just seemed silly. However, when I saw that the Shelbys came with the Keen.Dry technology that I know and trust, I figured I could give leather boots a try. So far, they’ve stood up to the downpours up here, and appear to be no worse for the wear.
- No heel! I love that I get the same traction that I would in a pair of Keen hiking boots while wearing fancy leather boots and a skirt!
- Boots have an elastic insert around the top that allows for some flexibility in your calves. They also have a bit bigger calf circumference than other leather boots I’ve tried on, which is nice for us more active ladies!
- Zipper is also waterproof so you’re not getting moisture that sneaks in unexpectedly.
- Nothing negative to say about this boot. Another success for Keen.