I will be the first to admit it- I am not a fan of change. So when I saw the new, redesigned Mountain Hardwear Gaiters, I was a bit skeptical. However, Mountain Hardwear has taken a great gaiter and improved upon its design to make it an awesome one!
The Mountain Hardwear Xenon Stretch Gaiter is intended specifically for high altitude mountaineering, though it also works great for those snowy day hikes. Sizing is specifically adjusted to mountaineering boots, and the cordura portion of the gaiter keeps those crampon spike holes to a minimum.
Mountain Hardwear Xenon Stretch Gaiters
- Waterproof stretch panel on back allows for freedom of movement without sacrificing the integrity of water resistance.
- Widened velcro closure panels keep gaiters shut no matter how much you move in them!
- New buckle system eliminates possibility of breakage- stay put closure system with rubber keeps your bottom boot straps in place without the traditional metal buckle.
- Boot straps are replaceable! A broken strap no longer means a brand new gaiter.
- Despite being “men’s” gaiters, the smaller size fits great on women’s smaller boots.