While hanging out in your ski boots or trail running shoes is kosher in the right circumstances, Salomon has realized that they can make shoes for other purposes too. Enter the Salomon Spirit casual leather shoes… smart enough for work, capable enough for playtime. I’ve logged many miles in the Spirit’s and am really digging them. Lets dive in.
Salomon Spirit Features:
- Upper: Oily nubuck leather
- Midsole: Molded EVA
- Liner: Leather
- Insole: Anatomical leather footbed
- Outsole: Contagrip with Positive Energy Return
- Colors: Black, Dark Brown, Tan (tested)
- MSRP: $130
Salomon Spirit Review
I like a nice pair of casual shoes for kicking around the office and out on the night with my wife and I also like Salomon shoes. So like PB-n-J, I’m digging the Salomon Spirit casual shoes. Like all Salomon offerings, these feature their renowned Contagrip outsoles. In these shoes, this provides solid traction on pavement and around town with the ability to tread off-road should the need arise.
I’ve been sporting these with jeans and khakis with success (says my wife) and am really liking the ultralight feel and smart looks. If I have to pick one thing it would be the light weight of these shoes–they honestly don’t feel like you’re wearing much at all, yet the comfortable fit and EVA midsole tell you otherwise.
The anatomical footbed has allowed me to wear these sans aftermarket arch supports (a rarity). I’ve worn them all day long without so much as a gripe from my flat feet. I appreciate the smooth stride and comfort these shoes provide. Be advised that the heel cushioning “bump” is an integral part of the shoe. Should you wish to place aftermarket insoles in these, they may not work so well. I like it, but some may not appreciate it.
Looking around at reviews on shopping sites, I saw one person complain about sizing. I found these Salomon’s to be true to size and have been rocking my size 10′s since the day they arrived without any issues.
- So light they must be filled with whipped filling
- Very comfortable for all-day wear
- Versatile enough for jeans/khaki’s use
- Contagrip outsole provides excellent traction
- Leather resists stains and scuffs well
- Laces cinch up evenly with a single pull
- Extra toe protection keeps these scuff-free
- Full price is a bit steep
- May be difficult to find locally