It’s been awhile since I’ve sported Teva sandals on my outdoor adventures. With many other brands and styles on the market, the original has been inundated. But, by no means is Teva down for the count. Nope, they have several water-friendly sandal designs that show Teva’s dedication to water-friendly footwear.
Teva Itunda Sandals Features:
- Single buckle and forefoot strap design for a snug fit
- Spider rubber outsoles for wet/dry traction
- Shoc Pad cushioning for comfort
- TPU Drain Frame platform for water drainage and breathability
- MSRP: $100
Teva Itunda Sandals Review
The Itunda’s are really a shoe/sandal hybrid with plenty of foot protection for dicey situations. While many water sandals leave your toes exposed to sharp rocks, the Itunda provides solid protection for your digits. The double strap enclosure (single buckle) really ensures a snug fit–even when wet.
Slipping these on, they were comfortable and didn’t have any scratchy seams or anything that caused chaffing or blisters. I was able to wear them around town and to the river blister-free and without a break-in period. With my flat feet, however, I could use a little more arch support for long days in the saddle, but if you have better arches, you’ll not experience that problem. They are pretty narrow though, so keep that in mind.
In the water, the Itunda’s shine. Slippery, moss-covered rocks were no match for the Spider rubber as it gripped and held on tight. I’ve been able to chase the kids around our local river watering hole with excellent protection and grip.
Like any sandal, they do tend to trap small rocks and sand and require the occasional clean-out. There’s simply no way around that–it’s just a fact of life with water sandals. With the snug fit and excellent traction, the Itunda’s make up for their funky looks with solid performance in and out of the water.
- Chaff-free out of the box
- Excellent wet and dry traction
- Can’t say enough about the traction on slippery rocks… it’s solid
- Excellent toe protection
- Could use a little more arch support
- May be a bit narrow for some feet
- Do look a bit wonky in my opinion (nobody’s going to call them sexy, that’s for sure)
Buy Now: Search for Teva Sandals