Whether you’re on groomers, knees deep in powder tree skiing/riding or skinning up a peak for a little backcountry — here are my Top 3 snowboard pants for 2011/12 and beyond.
When The North Face came out with their Cryptic line I was a bit skeptical, but since most of my fleece and hiking apparel is North Face I thought why not give it a try. The rest is history. The Skinster pants are a new low-rise boot cut fit, which is nice for us snowboarders! The pants are equipped with waterproofing, good breathability and are fully seam sealed to keep you dry. Only bummer — available in just one color.
- Fabricshell: Hyvent® 2l Stretch Twill / Lining: Stretch Taffeta
- Waterproof, Breathable, Fully Seam Sealed
- Recco® Avalanche Rescue Reflector
- Adjustable Waist Tabs
- Handwarmer Zip Pockets
- Inner Thigh Vents With Mesh Gussets
- Stretchvent™ Gaiter With Gripper Elastic
- Reinforced Cuffs
- Chimney Venting™ System
- Pant-A-Lock Compatible
- Buddy Lift Clip
I’ve been rockin’ ride bindings and board for a few seasons now and finally gave their Cappel line a try. The line offers skiers and snowboarders a like some stylish pieces this season. The wasted pant is a slim pant with subtle style, but not too tight. Ride designers left plenty of room for movement. Paired with my Columbia baselayers they were perfect during the early season low temps. Available in seven colors, but I love the teal or raisin wool.
- 10,000/8,000mm Waterproof/Breathable Rating
- Strata Hd Ii™ With DWR – remains waterproof and breathable, even after numerous washings.
- Fully Taped Seams
The 686 Smarty Fave pant are my all-time favorite pant. Up until this year I rocked the Smarty Low Rise and OG Cargo pant. With the fleece smarty liner you can take these pants from pow to bluebird skies. The Fave Pant isn’t too tight or bulky giving you ample amount of room to maneuver down the mountain. Available in seven fun colors I’m sticking with plum or red.
- 15,000mm Waterproof
- 10,000gm Breathable
- Fully taped seams
- Fleece smarty liner pant with capri length adjustment
- Thigh cargo pocket with flip-up pass pocket
- Zippered side pocket
What are your favorite snowboard pants this season?